A Day of Antiquing

This is what I wish I’d been doing today.

This antiquing trip I'm about to share, took place 3 weeks ago. I love this store. It is one of my favorite places to go if I am searching for something truly special. The dealers are wonderful and each one of them has an incredible sense of style. Each space is a mini-world, but there is a lovely flow throughout the store. You want to dream and meander about this lovely place for hours.


When I walked through the door, I gasped at the lovely entryway and didn’t stop taking pictures until I left.





This was a ghosted mirror right at the entryway. It was beautiful in its peeling and decrepit state.




This hand painted bed was too gorgeous for words





At the front desk you will always find a beautiful flower arrangement. This one is amazing.





A beautiful antique chandelier, dripping with crystals!





I have always dreamed of owning a table like this. I'll have to keep dreaming for now.





I had to shut my eyes tight and keep walking when I saw this baby. Isn't she beautiful!




I loved the spring theme they had throughout the store. There were flowers every where.














Even the chandeliers had flowers





The walls were adorned with oil paintings of flowers





This was a metal tole flower decoration. Lovely!




I found these sunflowers upstairs.





I have a confession to make. I am completely addicted to antique chairs. My dream is to own a pair of French bergere chairs with down cushions. . . someday . . .





This delicate vase is a wonderful example of French antique porcelain





Could it be Marie? I think she looks more like Madame de Lamballe.





Small teacups artfully displayed.





Anyone need a violin?





An intriguing mix of of things






This next display was my favorite, though it was a little strange. These headless dolls were adorable with the flowers in them. This is a great idea for all those headless dolls you may own. ;~)








The view as I left

Can you see how much the light has changed? I was wandering for quite sometime, lost in the history of these beautiful items.

I hope you enjoyed!

Nancy

27 comments:

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Can I just live there? It's such an incredible place Nancy! I'd want everything and could only afford to look. Thanks for the decorating day dream, it was heavenly!
Hugs, Sherry

LiLi M. said...

I like to go on antique trips myself, but of course there isn't always the opportunity, so its so good that you took me by the hand an led me throught this antiques paradise. Thanks! I don't have headless dolls, and I will not change mine into....

Bristol said...

Oh my what a wonderful shop. I love the mannequin.
Bristol

Ulla said...

I wish I had known you were in the area! This is my favorite shop too!!! Did you go to the sister shop across the street as well? Please oh please, let me know when you come here again, and we will have tea!

Lori said...

Nancy, What a delight to wander the shop with you, almost museum like! Loved the great card you made for Karla's auntie, she will be so delighted, Karla was so sweet to come up with this idea! Have a great week! Loved you r previous garden post! See you soon,Lori

bluemuf said...

Nancy, what a lovely way to spend a day. I have really enjoyed being able to share this trip with you. I find your taste is so elegant and your photographs are very expressive.

thank you
Hugs Karen

Treasure Barn said...

Oh thanks for sharing this antiquing trip with us. What wonderful things and such a beautiful shop.

I especially like the doll with flowers for heads.

This was a fun trip. Thanks again and thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on the burl wood. You know I really wanted to go into that tree house myself!

God Bless You on this wonderful Sunday!
Patti

The Feathered Nest said...

NANCY!! What a heavenly store!!!! Just breathtaking! I especially love the two columns with the framework on top...beautiful ~ I'll have to go back and study each one now! xxoo, Dawn

Lori Garbarino said...

Oh, I really enjoyed this trip through this store, It was even more exciting seeing it through your eyes~! you have taught me another way to look at things~! I love the Flower Chandelier!

Hugs

Lori

Lori said...

Nancy, what a gorgeous store!!! i am very smitten with the gorgeous bed and the sweet little dress form...oh, i love the dolls with the flowers too, what a cute idea!!!

LW said...

Oh, Nancy I am not sure about the headless dolls.
I also don’t like just heads, I really need them put altogether…

What a beautiful store, I love the painted bed and the mannequin
Is wonderful, I would love to own one just like that someday..

Louise

Rosemary said...

Wow Nancy,
That is so my kind of place.
I have been wanting French chairs with down too. I have been looking for awhile.
Thanks for sharing your lovely time with us.
Hope you had a great weekend!
Rosemary

Cami said...

I want the ghosted mirror. I've been on the hunt for eons! Wonderful post... THANK YOU!

3rdEyeMuse said...

*sighs as a smile plays on her lips*

- such a lovley way to share such a pretty visit. Thank you.

Cheryl said...

It has been tooooo long since I've visited and what a fun post this was. What a lovely store! So artfully arranged! Thank you for the lovely tour, Sweet Nancy!

aselah said...

My first time here and I must say that I'm a tad overwhelmed (in a most profoundly grand way)!

Sugar Bear said...

Swooning! Love all of these photos.
Karla

Tracie said...

Nancy,
What a beautiful store. I'm not sure which item I liked the best, but one thing I know for sure ~ you will have the bergere chairs one day!

I would love to know where this is if you're willing to share so when I travel that way, I can dream as well!

Oh yes, I need a violin...

xo~Tracie

BailiwickDesigns said...

What a wonderful store! I would surely lose myself in there! ::Jill

BailiwickDesigns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
starrynightimpressions said...

Hello Nancy,
You left a comment on my blog and your avatar is sooo beautiful that i had to go and look at your blog too, and then I realized i've been here before and love your photos and words. and that photo of the peeling and decrepit mirror went along perfectly with my blog on "the mirror doesn't show the real beauty". I'll be back again.
deborah
PS. this store wouldn't happen to be in Calif. would it? Here's to hoping!!!

COLLS GARDEN said...

Nancy, they are such wonderful pics. What an amazing store, I think possibly I could become lost in there for hours too. Such beautiful things. Oh, and I love all the pretty pics of your garden. I'm not an orange or yellow girl, but I ADORE nasturtiums. They are the sweetest things, aren't they?
Hugs, Coll :-}

Mermaid Queen said...

Hi Nancy,
I loved the tour of the antique store, and the little headless doll vases are charming. Take care, Martha

Mermaid Queen said...

Hi Nancy,
I loved the tour of the antique store, and the little headless doll vases are charming. Take care, Martha

Miss Sandy said...

Nancy,
Thanks for the wonderful field trip!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That was all so beautiful, I want to go out and decaptate some dolls!

SweetAnnee said...

Oh I love it..
I'm getting my mannequnin out
and i love the lil dolls with fleurs

Smiles, deena