Swashbuckler Soiree!

Welcome to the Swashbuckler Soiree hosted by the beautiful and fabulous Donna of the Ribboned Crown. Thank you so much for hosting this fun event Donna! I've been counting down the days to this Soiree. I have made something that would have graced a Pirate Lady's dressing table. Enjoy!







Beware




She ran down the castle stairs, looking back to be sure she wasn’t being followed. Her slipper fell off her foot and she stopped to put it back on for the third time. She had taken great pains to keep her pirate identity secret. If her prince ever discovered who she really was, she would lose his love forever. But the call of the sea was strong and she longed to feel the sea mist on her skin once more.





She could see the light at the end of the tunnel and hear the crashing of the waves. When she came through the mouth of the cave there lay her ship. The most beautiful ship to ever maraud the seven seas: The Glass Slipper.





She readjusted her eye patch to hide one of her beautiful eyes. She ran the length of the sandy beach and boarded the dingy that was waiting there. Two of her burly pirates grabbed the oars and headed out for sea. She felt the familiar lurch of the boat as it was caught up in the waves. She smiled as she caressed the cutlass at her side and thought of the bejeweled necklace she had captured in her latest adventure.



“Tell me Mr. Hawkins, how are things aboard my beloved Glass Slipper?”

“Well, m’pirate lady, she is as shiny and fair as you last saw her.”

A twinkle entered her eye as she looked at him. “As it should be, Mr. Hawkins. I don’t think you would want to face your lady's displeasure.”

He held back a deep chuckle. “Aye, aye m’lady. But there is some news you should be aware of. The pirate Seadog has been hounding The Glass Slipper for the last 3 days.”

She sighed. “You would think that after all these years he would just give up. Oh well, another lesson must be taught, Mr. Hawkins. Get me aboard the Slipper quickly.” She smiled. “I have a plan.”




A treasure to decorate m'lady's chamber . . . Please click on the pictures below for a larger view.


























For more Swashbuckling fun . . . Please visit The Ribboned Crown

44 comments:

bluemuf said...

Nancy, what a fun tale and I absolutely love your creation "The Lady Pirate. You did a beautiful job.

Hugs Karen

She'sSewPretty said...

That was wonderful. I love your pirate theater!

KarenHarveyCox said...

What a gorgeous creation. Your work is truly amazing. What a fun party for inspiration. Karen

The Rose Room said...

oh my goodness! She is stunning! Rachaelxo

Karen from A`Musements said...

Ahoy Nancy!!! What a lovely creation you've made for your pirate lassie... come visit me on The Lady of The Sea, and we'll shop the ports all along the Ivory Coast, we will!
~~~ Karen sailing The Lady~~~

Ottilias Veranda said...

Beutiful! Love the story..when can we read the next part? :0)

Pirate greetings

Liisa

Whim & Fancy Designs said...

I LOVE IT! I would love to wear the jewels with one of my crepe gowns..oooooohhhh I can see it now!

Beautiful,
Ann-Denise

Miss.Maddie's said...

Oh Nancy your story is lovely.
Your pirate lady theatre leaves me breathless! She is beautiful.
xo Susan

rochambeau said...

Hi Nancy,
This is a wonderful Pirate Lady tale, but the grade finale is the Amazing Pirate Lady Theater!! It is a TREASURE to behold!!

xo
Constance

Melissa Valeriote said...

Now that's a treasure!! Have fun sailing around. I'm offering up a pirate trinket in honor of the soiree.

LW said...

Ahoy Nancy your pirate lady is magnificent…
Lovely Post and just perfect for this day… a treasure for sure...

Louise

Ulla said...

TRULY DELIGHTFUL MY DEAR!

dubuhdudesigns said...

I love the pirate lady theater!! And the necklace?Please tell me it's yours and that you wear around the house..I would! Thanks for sharing:)
~Christine

Donna O. said...

I see the Glass Slipper pulling up along side The Bonnee Lass. You don't know how happy I am that you are sailing along with me, Nancy. But after we head back home, I must board your ship to see all of your pirate treasures up close. This creation is gorgeous!!!
D.

Dorian Fletcher said...

I think you might have a second career writing romance novels! I was particularly taken with the wild party going on under the lovely lady's skirts! Really well done!

Mya said...

Wow, what a great story. I love your lady pirate so much. Beautiful job! Thank you for this wonderful post.
cheers,
-Mya

Diana said...

Oh My! You've taken my breath away!

Tracie said...

Hi Nancy,

I so love The Lady Pirate!

What a lot going on in the lovely theatre... and your wonderful imagination.

~Tracie

faerie enchantment said...

Hi Nacy,
I just love your post, the jewels are divine and the pirate theater is absolutely amazing!
Magic and Joy!
Lisa!

Auberne' Rose Ancalimon said...

AMAZING!!!!! That is simply beautiful! I love the necklace! Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog. ^-^

Auberne' Ancalimon @-`---

Sylvia Anderson said...

A beautiful creation, and a fabulous tale!! The necklace is gorgeous, and the pirate theater is incredible!!

Sue in western Washington, USA said...

But wait! Where's the *rest* of the story?!! Arrgh!

Magpie Sue

Betzie said...

Love your Lady Pirate Nancy!! She is just beautiful and the way you displayed her is so so lovely!

Nancy said...

What a beautiful creation...and those jewels...oh my!

Have a great day!
Nancy

fated follies studio said...

i love it! so much fun. enjoy the soiree! enjoy your weekend!

jenny

Rosemary said...

Wow Nancy!!
You outdid yourself!!
I loved it. What fun!
Have a great weekend!
Rosemary

NeereAnDear said...

Looks like an absolutey fabulous time was had by all!!... your work is truly amazing!!

Hope we get to see more of this


LOVE IT

HUGS

JO

Iva's Creations said...

What a beautiful pirate lass. Glad to meet you at the soiree...Iva

JuliaRose said...

Dear Nancy,
Thanks for visiting my little corner of the party...
I love your pretty pirate lady,so beautifully made, and original, and your story & pics too, those jewels...swoon..quite simply you are where the best girls are standing at the party...
xx

windycorner said...

What a romantic story for a beautiful lady. Fun!
Holley

Christine LeFever said...

I am merely swooning. What a beautiful story and a beautiful work of eye candy art!

Christine

Zwee!!!!!!

Storybook Woods said...

I love your lady pirate. She is wonderful. I could never do something like that !!!! Clarice

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

You do make me wish I had attended the soiree! I will have to take some time and go peek at the other swashbucklers and see if they are as much fun as your site is.

BumbleVee said...

The Glass Slipper ey?...sounds like this could be an interstin' ship indeed....glad I found me way here for a look....

cd&m said...

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Couture de Papier said...

Stunning! what a creative story and art piece love it! thank you for visiting!

Kelley said...

A pirate princess dream come true, the jewels and all the loveliness of your creation. Wonderful!
Kelley-The Cowgirl Mermaid

Lori said...

what a great post Nancy...your creation is stunning!!! love it:)

giggles said...

So much beauty my eyes have never endured! You've captured such beauty and awe in these photos! The Necklace an absolute must have! And those secrets down under....my my just precious they are!! Well done!

Pinkie Denise said...

OH Nancy,
Your Piratess Theater is wonderful..
You are so creative...I enjoyed your wonderful story too. I love you beautiful tribute to Corey, we will be at the funeral tomorrow...Thanks for taking on your wonderful adventure Pinkie Denise

Bethany said...

Ooooh gorgeous jewels with a wonderful tale!!
Love the amazing creation you fashioned too :)

Treasure Barn said...

Wow! This is amazing!
Patti

Margaret said...

This was just delightful, Nancy.

rebecca woodward said...

Beautiful! Your post was awesome and I love your theatre! Now I just want to read your entire blog!
Thanks for sharing your talents at this wonderful soiree!

Rebecca ~ Just Giddy
my soiree post...
http://justgiddy.typepad.com