Sweet Gifts


It was turning out to be another whirlwind weekend where I wouldn’t have a chance to catch my breath, but two thoughtful bloggers surprised me and sent some sweet gifts that made me slow down and take time to think about what a wonderful blogging community I belong to. Thank you so much Marie and Sherri! Your sweet gifts were a joy to receive.

Sherri sent me the best sign. When my hubby saw it he said, "That’s exactly what you need.” What do you all think?




Thanks again Sherri!



Marie sent me these sweet things.




These beads are the prettiest shade of purple and when the light hits them they glow. Too much fun!






The shoes are precious. Did you make these Marie? I love them.




I don’t know about you, but I love scented soaps. This one smells heavenly...




This last Thursday I had time to stop in at a local bookstore and I thumbed through a book called Mary Jane’s Outpost. Have any of you heard of Mary Jane? I hadn’t until this book. It was a fun book. When I received the soap above, I decided to try an idea from the book. Cut a large bar of soap into square chunks and tie ribbon or fabric around each one. I used plain muslin strips and put them on a pretty plate for presentation.




These little pretties are also a wonderful way to scent your bathroom. Could you imagine them with rhinestone buttons? Oh, yeah . . .

21 comments:

The Rose Room said...

Pretty gifties, pretty soaps. Rachaelox

Marie Antionette said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the gifts.The beads look grand around your pretty neck.They are Mardi Gra Beads.No,I did not make the shoes.But I know how you like shoes ,so i knew you would appreciate them.What a neat idea with the soap.That would also make nice Xmas gifts.Buy old little saucers and put the decorated soap and pretty color plastic paper to keep the sent in till its opened.What do you think? Hugs Marie Antionette

Nantucket Mermaid said...

Mary Jane has been around for years....she has a magazine and I know we carry her big fat book with all of her great ideas in the Bookstore where I work. Check out her web site...it's fun! xo...

bluemuf said...

Nancy, What wonderful gifts to brighten your day. Love the idea with the soaps. I think I will give it a try.

Hugs Karen

LiLi M. said...

What pretty gifts Nancy and you deserve them! Oopps I didn't mail the magazine yet, as I got a little distracted last week, but I do hope to do it this week. Take care!

maggiegracecreates said...

The beads remind me of old carnival glass bowls.

Love the soap idea. I do give away goodies at our homeshow and I may have to grab that idea.

Diane of Crafty Passions said...

Gorgeous pictures!!
Have a good week
Diane

LW said...

What delightful and pretty gifts..
... and what lovely pictures...

I love soap and think this is a great idea...

Louise

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What treasures!
And I will do that with the soap! Great idea!
Becky

Margaret said...

The gifts are so lovely, and I love what you did with the soap! Great idea!

Betzie said...

Such sweet gifts!!!
Oh that powder puff is calling to me, but I am still resisting. LOL
Happy Fall Nancy!

Enzie at World Market Portraits said...

I love the signs! We all need to feel like royalty sometimes! LOL


xoxo Enzie

Rosemary said...

Hi Nancy,
What a nice surprise you received.
Love those little shoes!
The sign is perfect!!
Enjoy!
The soaps look so pretty wrapped up like that. I may have to try that.
Rosemary

Miss Sandy said...

Love the soap idea. Every mother should have one of those darling signs to post to her little subjects when she needs a time out!

TattingChic said...

Your sign is totally awesome! I know that sounds sooooo So Cal, but what can I say? LOL! I love LOVE love the little shoes and their darling lace trim.

Tracie~MPMaison said...

Hi Nancy,
Yes, the sign is just what you need.
I have heard of Mary Jane and her books, magazines. Love what you did with the soaps - so cute.

Oh yes and those shoes from Marie (Toni) are so pretty.

Ahh, a little time in the bookstore, sounds like a dream!
~Tracie

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

I have to agree with you!
I have met some lovely ladies since I started blogging and am so happy I started.
smiles,
Sandy

sherri (Tied Up In Ribbons) said...

I'm glad you like the sign. I am just sorry it took me 2 months to get it to you....

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Nancy!
I love your sign! Too cute for words! And those little shoes, you lucky lucky girl. Such nice friends to send you such lovely gifts!
The idea for the soap is wonderful, I will be trying it!
Please give your sister my best wishes for her birthday!
Hugs, Sherry

jenny fowler said...

i love your soaps and yes they would look awesome with rhinestones. i haven't visited in awhile but it looks like everything is going well for you! i'm so happy. take care nancy, i'll be back soon!

Patti said...

What lovely gifts. They are so elegant just like you.
Hugs
Patti