The Heart Revealed . . .

The howl of the wind was all around the little cottage. The lights went out in an instant. Her fingers trembled as they sought along the ledge of the fireplace for the match she knew would be there. She found it, struck it and lit the candle. The soothing warmth of the light permeated the room.





A thought went through her mind: The Heart Revealed . . .





Why had she been so afraid a few moments ago when the lights had gone out? Was it her silly childhood fear of the dark? She laughed to herself and looked down at the project she had just finished. Was it her imagination or did the waves in the ocean seem to be moving? And was that the far off sound of a trumpet she heard in her ears?





The magic of creating hung in the room and enveloped her in its arms.





This amazing paper theatre kit was assembled by myself and created by the very talented Lindsey of Little Robot. It is called, The Heart Revealed.

16 comments:

Lori said...

what a fantastical creation!!! thanks for sharing Nancy, that is a very cool shop:)

Unknown said...

Nancy, that is a lovely creation! What an interesting accompanying story, too!
I'm off to check out your friend's link.

VintageScraps.etsy.com said...

How sweet- it reminds me of a paper theater I purchased years ago for my daughter, and it ended up in the give away bags!! Oh my, sometimes being organized comes at a high price.

pchickki said...

Wow! This is amazing and so detailed!

Saucy said...

My goodness... that IS a treasure! I am absolutely intrigued by this... as my daughter would be... she adores paper crafting.

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Nancy!
Love your post, what a darling paper theater! Loved your little story to accompany it.
And the ornaments on your previous post are so adorable. I love them both!
congrats on your blogaversary!! I'm so glad you are in the Land of Blog!
Big hugs, Sherry

LW said...

I live in an area where we lose our lights often.
When it is only for a few hours during the still of the night I enjoy the tranquility.
I have one particular book that I have set aside and only read at this time, the characters come alive and become so much more real to me….

I love your story and love your wonderful paper theater…..it is so true about the Heart.

Louise

Rebecca Ramsey said...

How magical! And beautiful.
I'm writing down that quote--I love it!

bluemuf said...

Nancy, I love your paper theater and your enchanting tale. I have checked out her web site and she has some amazing items.

Hugs Karen

Rosemary said...

What a fun and pretty project Nancy.
Have a great week,
Rosemary

Sugar Bear said...

What a fun theatre and wonderfully written post.
Karla

NeereAnDear said...

What a talented lady your friend is to make such a kit and how fun it must have been to put it all together...

As for the ornaments that you show below ... they are quite lovely !! How nice she sent another creation ...they are beautiful

HUGS TO YOU

JO

Sandy said...

Nancy,
Awesome theater! I'll have to visit her link.

Sandy said...

Nancy,
Please stop by, I have a treat for you!

Lady and Librarian said...

A flair for the dramatic! Love it! (I am still afraid of the dark!)

LiLi M. said...

What an amazing theatre! I love it! You have done a great job!