Cozy Day

The sky outside is gray and rainy. It’s a good day to stay in and just rest.

I've been experimenting with my camera and with Blogger’s photo uploader. I've had some of you ask what kind of digital camera I use. I shoot my photos with a Canon PowerShot SX 100IS. It is not an SLR digital. It’s a simple point and shoot digital with some manual capabilities. I hope to someday own an SLR digital and grow my photography skills, but for now I’m learning all I can with my little PowerShot.

I’ve also had some of you email me about my large photo size format. I’ll post a small tutorial on that later this week, but the trick lies in the photo uploader you use and then mainipulation of the code.

Meanwhile, the photos below were taken in a lowlight situation and then uploaded to Blogger directly in their small photo format. I don’t think the quality is as good as the uploader I am using right now. This little experiment has shown me that it really comes down to the camera and photo uploader you’re using to create quality shots.

Any thoughts on these smaller sized photos and their quality?

















15 comments:

Lori said...

i think your pics always look great...i am anxious to hear what you have to say about uploading larger pictures...i have experimented with uploading from flickr to get a larger size, but that has usually resulted in fuzzy pictures...i hope it isn't too much work...i am lazy to a fault...bad me..

The Victorian Parlor said...

The photos are wonderful. I like the size and the quality:)

Kay said...

Thank you, in advance, for the tutorial on uploading larger photos. I agree that the smaller photos, uploaded from blogger, are inferior in quality, which has been the thorn in my side from day one of my blogging experience. I've tried several uploading methods, with little success...so imagine my delight when I arrived at Fete et Fleur to discover that, thanks to your generosity, my blogging angst will soon be a thing of the past. I have long admired your photography and it's presentation. I know I will always find something beautiful when I visit.

Kay

bluemuf said...

Hi Nancy, Great eye candy, I love looking at your photos.

Hugs karen

Rebecca Ramsey said...

How pretty!
I love that mushroom!

TattingChic said...

HEY! What is your faerie chair/stool/pincushion doing with fishbowls of bling sticking out of it??? ;)
Lovely photos! Thanks for the eye candy! :)

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

I love the layout of your blog Nancy with the larger photos...I do think the larger ones look clearer.

and I use a canon powershot too! LOVE canon

xoxo Heather

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Yes, your brother is an amazing person, Nancy. He is always full of love and surprises! I have been playing the harp for a while now, I started about 10 years ago on a small celtic harp but had to put it down due to my intense studies. However, I am ending my Masters program and even though that is intense, I am enjoying my lovely harp! Thank you for sharing your secrets on photography! I am going to be following your tutorials! Bisous, Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

As I look at the photos again, (last night after class I briefly looked but now I can really look!), I do see a difference.Typically, your photos have a crisper, more vivid look. While these are still beautiful, I prefer the larger format and quality of your other pictures. Nice experiment, Nancy. Thanks as well for sharing your tips with us. I really want to make my photos better. Bonne journée, Anita

LiLi M. said...

I'm anxious to hear what you have to tell us about the larger photos Nancy. I'm using a mac computer and most tips are useless to me, alas! Love your photos though!

KarenHarveyCox said...

You create magic with every post. Your photographs are so crisp and I love your subjects. Have a lovely day.

Karen

P.S. I read the love letter from your husband..sigh, you are a blessed woman.

Ulla said...

LOVE THEM! But you have to tell me what that first one is!!! Very intriguing...
Ulla

Michelle said...

I have to get a new camera myself and your Canon takes great shots! The details are so clear! I love them myself. :)

Gabriela said...

Hello Nancy,

I think your pics rock!


~ Gabriela ~

Rosemary said...

Hi Nancy,
Love the photos!
Lots of rain here too!!
Chat soon,
Rosemary