Photobucket Tutorial

It’s a beautiful day here today and spring is beginning to awaken my narcissus bulbs. I had to take a photo for you of course uploaded by Photobucket.

I wanted to let Sherry know that I think our photo storage capacity with Blogger is 1GB, which is a nice bit of photo storage. Also, Kathleen I left my response about the DSLR question in the comment section in my last post. I think you should go for it and share what you love.




Here are the instructions for uploading large format photos from Photobucket. Once you get the hang of it, it’s a cinch.

First thing, go to Photobucket and open an account. Then upload photos from your computer to Photobucket. The Photobucket account is free, at least until you max out your account bandwidth.

After you have uploaded your photos to Photobucket, you are ready to upload them to your Blogger post.

You will need to open two internet windows. One window with your new Blogger post and another with your Photobucket account.

Below are the steps to upload your photo to your blogger post from Photobucket. I am assuming that you already know how to upload photos to Blogger by clicking on the add image icon in your Blogger compose mode.


1. Open the two internet windows as stated above.

2. In your Photobucket window where your photos are, you will have a choice to select a code for the photo you want to post on your blog. Scroll over the photo and it will show you the options.

3. The code you want to select is the one that says Direct Link. Copy the direct link code now.

4. Now go to your Blogger window and click the upload image icon. Paste the code from step 3 into the add another image from the web URL section of your Blogger uploader photo window. Next, click the upload image button to upload the photo. Click Done and the photo is uploaded.

5. Now go to your Blogger post. Select the Edit Html tab. This will show your photo’s Html code.

6. You will now need to adjust the code for the photo like this:

You need to find the section of code in your photos which looks like the one below.

WIDTH: 1000px; CURSOR: hand; HEIGHT: 750px; TEXT-ALIGN:

1. The code that I highlighted in yellow in the example above (1000px;) tells you the size of your photo. This can be adjusted as small or as large as you want. I usually set my px between 500px and 700px. This makes a large picture, but still retains the quality.

2. Then you will need to select and delete the code that I highlighted in blue that reads: CURSOR: hand; HEIGHT: 750px;

Your section of edited code will know look like this:

WIDTH: 500px; TEXT-ALIGN:

And you’re done! I hope these instructions work for you.

Have a great weekend!!

14 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

Thanks for the info!
Karla

LW said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Nancy…
You are such a sweetie to share…

I love your narcissi picture…but a wee bit envious.
We got more snow last night and it is windy and very cold today…
South I need to fly south.

Louise

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Nancy,
So nice for you to share! I'm going to have to try it out. I haven't been to Photobucket since I set up my blog sidebars... Way overdo for a visit to use your tutorial. Merci!
xo~Tracie

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning picture, my friend.
Love ya,
Wendy

Rosemary said...

You have a nice weekend too!!
I am the worst at these kinds of photo things.
I will have to try it sometime.
Rosemary

Natasha Burns said...

Thanks for the excellent tutorial Nancy! I always got stuck at that bit where I changed the width and got annoyed that I had to change the height too, but now you've shown us to just delete that bit! Yay!
I wanted to ask you, or anyone, if you have the same problem as I do, which drives me nuts.... when uploading this way, using bloggers uploading tool and using the bit where you paste in your own URL as we have just done here..... I always want to upload five photos at a time, yet blogger ALWAYS shuffles the order now. it never used to do that, and now it goes all weird on me.... anyone else have that problem???

bluemuf said...

Nancy, your pictures is so beautiful. I makes me forget about the horrible cold we have right now. I need spring to come. Great tutorial, thank you

Karen

Debbykay said...

Hello,

First time I have stopped by for a visit. Loved your banner, AND YOUR PHOTO! I am just green--we won't be seeing any green (or yellow or white!) for a couple more months!

Lovely!

Hope you can stop over and see me, too. I am new to the blogosphere!

Best,
Debbykay

Attic Charm said...

Hi Nancy! I use Photobucket too but in a slightly different way, I blogged about it last year here:

http://atticcharm.blogspot.com/2008/10/prez-b-opia.html

Just a slightly different twist, but this way prevents you from having to edit the html code. Either way works. And your photos are always stunning my dear!

Laura
xxx

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What a gorgeous photo!

Janet said...

Thanks for doing this tutorial. I like learning how to do new (to me) things.

Kim said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have been dying to figure out a better way to post photos!

Connie said...

Nancy, Natasha sent me over her to find out how to make the photos larger on the post instead of clicking to enlarge. I would like them at 500 px wide without distorting them in length pixels though. So I want them proportionate. BUT I also have adjusted my template to a 3 column template and am not sure if that's feasible to keep them at 500 px wide for a "middle" column. Do you have any info on that, honey.
Connie.......my email is on my profile page if you need to contact me.

ChickieChirps said...

Hi! Thanks so much for this tutorial. I have just tried it and the photo quality is so much better. I was really disappointed with the blogger uploads.

I was just wondering though, have you had any problems with photobucket being REALLY slow? It has taken me hours to upload 10 photos... is this because it is free?

Arabella