I wanted to let Sherry know that I think our photo storage capacity with Blogger is 1GB, which is a nice bit of photo storage. Also, Kathleen I left my response about the DSLR question in the comment section in my last post. I think you should go for it and share what you love.
Here are the instructions for uploading large format photos from Photobucket. Once you get the hang of it, it’s a cinch.
First thing, go to Photobucket and open an account. Then upload photos from your computer to Photobucket. The Photobucket account is free, at least until you max out your account bandwidth.
After you have uploaded your photos to Photobucket, you are ready to upload them to your Blogger post.
You will need to open two internet windows. One window with your new Blogger post and another with your Photobucket account.
Below are the steps to upload your photo to your blogger post from Photobucket. I am assuming that you already know how to upload photos to Blogger by clicking on the add image icon in your Blogger compose mode.
1. Open the two internet windows as stated above.
2. In your Photobucket window where your photos are, you will have a choice to select a code for the photo you want to post on your blog. Scroll over the photo and it will show you the options.
3. The code you want to select is the one that says Direct Link. Copy the direct link code now.
4. Now go to your Blogger window and click the upload image icon. Paste the code from step 3 into the add another image from the web URL section of your Blogger uploader photo window. Next, click the upload image button to upload the photo. Click Done and the photo is uploaded.
5. Now go to your Blogger post. Select the Edit Html tab. This will show your photo’s Html code.
6. You will now need to adjust the code for the photo like this:
You need to find the section of code in your photos which looks like the one below.
WIDTH: 1000px; CURSOR: hand; HEIGHT: 750px; TEXT-ALIGN:
1. The code that I highlighted in yellow in the example above (1000px;) tells you the size of your photo. This can be adjusted as small or as large as you want. I usually set my px between 500px and 700px. This makes a large picture, but still retains the quality.
2. Then you will need to select and delete the code that I highlighted in blue that reads: CURSOR: hand; HEIGHT: 750px;
Your section of edited code will know look like this:
WIDTH: 500px; TEXT-ALIGN:
And you’re done! I hope these instructions work for you.
Have a great weekend!!