Lazy Weekend and Natasha's Revamp It Party


It was a lazy weekend for us around here. These are few and far between as we’re usually running errands and getting ready for the week to come. I actually had a chance to do some handwash that I’m ashamed to say I’ve had in a bag for years!

These two lovely vintage nightgowns cleaned up beautifully.



We also had time for some romance. I was greeted with these pretty peach roses from my hubby on Friday. He told me he’s making an effort to continue courting me. It made me laugh – it’s been 20 years! (since we got married, not since he’s brought me flowers).





And we visited some old haunts on Saturday where he surprised me with these little pink quartz hearts.



The circus box (as I call it) used to hold vintage handpainted eggs. I revamped it because I loved the scrunched up blue silk. I salvaged what I could of it when I removed the eggs. This box makes the perfect nesting area for my hearts.






Speaking of Revamp It . . .

Natasha Burns is having her second Revamp It Party. I didn’t get a chance to participate last year so I’m doing it this year. I will also be having a giveaway of something I revamp that day. I haven’t decided what it will be yet, but it’ll be fun!

7 comments:

June said...

Nancy, your little box with the lovely hearts that your husband gave you is just beautiful. You always know exactly how to prettify anything, and give it a new life.
The roses from your dear one are so pretty. I laughed when you explained that it hadn't been twenty years between bouquets:)
Hugs

LiLi M. said...

Oh those roses! Your so lucky that they aren't the first ones since 20 years and to have such a wonderful husband. Love the way you arranged the quartz hearts. I'm thinking about joining the revamp party again, I have an idea what to do. In my experience such a party is just a good opportunity to finally DO what you have been planning for ages. Anyhow I cannot wait to see what you come up with. Thanks for your lovely comments Nancy, it is people like you that make blogging fun! Have a lovely day!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Nancy! I was very happy to see that you came by....I was wondering if you got a chance to see the prior post I did on Creamsicle Dreamsicle....I had thought of you the whole time I put that together because I thought you would like the photos! This is a lovely post and I love the new colors and layout!!!! Your roses are gorgeous and what a romantic Mr. Nancy is........HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!! Bisous, Anita

Alison Gibbs said...

What pecious gifts from your husband.
Looking forward to Natashas party. I didn't participate last year either, hopefully this year I can try and organise myself a little better
Alison

rochambeau said...

Happy Anniversary Nancy! AND adore your rose quartz hearts in your Chinese egg case. Will look into Natasha's party.
Your blog looks nice.
Happy week to come!!
xox
C

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

You're lucky your husband is such a romantic, Nancy. I'll be seeing you at Natasha's party...

Natasha Burns said...

Happy Anniversary!!! So glad your roses are not the only ones for 20 years, lol!
So glad you're going to join the party xoxo