Welcome to Natasha's Revamp It Party!
Thank you Natasha for hosting this fun party! It really got my creative juices flowing. I look forward to visiting you all and seeing your revamps.
Before we get to the projects, here's the small giveaway I'm having. Revamp it No.1 an old decrepit jewelry box. When I found this gorgeous box with it's tiny mother of pearl button, it was falling apart. With a little paint and decoration, it's now fit for a Mermaid Queen.
All you have to do to win this box is leave a comment here on this post and, if you like, let others know about Natasha's Revamp It Party. If you don't have a blog make sure you leave me an email where you can be contacted. I will pick a winner next Thursday, September 30th. Please read below to see how I revamped this old box.
Then read on to see my second revamp it. I turned a vintage doily into a ladies reticule.
Revamp It No.1
It all started with this torn up box. It was the button that caught my attention. I couldn't let it go to waste.
I peeled off the rest of the tattered velvet.
I then painted the box inside and out with Italian gold leaf.
I love the texture. How about that pearl button?!
The inside velvet pad was ruined. I stripped off the old velvet and replaced it with a piece of hand dyed silk. I dyed the silk in beet juice! It might sound weird, but beet juice is a gorgeous color. The silk is now a gentle pink purple. It lends an elegant feeling to the inside of the box. Sorry, it didn't photograph well.
I also reconnected the original old silk to the box.
Here is the finished inside of the box, pretty and clean now.
I took out all my bits and bobs for this box, including my shells.
The top of the box has white coral, a vintage porcelain flower, miniature seashells and antique rhinestones from France.
Again, if you would like to win this box, leave a comment on this post and a winner will be announced next Thursday, September 30th.
Revamp It No.2
A Ladies reticule . . .
3. Regular needle and thread
4. Embroidery needle and ribbon. (Thank you Kate)
I laid the doily on the pink silk and cut a large circle shape around the doily.
I then took embroidery ribbon and sewed the doily onto the silk.
I had some leftover drapery rings . . .
I folded back the lip of the pink silk and sewed on 8 of the plastic rings.
I then folded the silk back over the rings and tacked the silk down. I did this for all 8 rings.
I found some beautiful antique ribbon in my ribbon stash and threaded it through the rings.
I tied loose knots at the end of the ribbon.
Voila! A pretty and simple project.
You can put anything you like in it. I put a long strand of vintage pearls (that belonged to my mother) in mine.
I hope you all enjoyed my Revamp It projects and that you feel inspired to create. Now you all know what to do with those old doilies sitting in your cupboards. I might make a few of these into bridal bags. Please visit Natasha's blog for more Revamp It fun! Click HERE to visit.