Living in the Moment

This afternoon, after a very long day, I didn’t immediately start preparing for tomorrow’s busyness. I just lived in the moment.

I photographed this bouquet of flowers, and took a half hour to finish a project. Free time is a precious gift during this season.












The project below was a difficult one. I had to pry every stone out of its setting without destroying this amazing piece. The gunk of years was thick on the stones and brass. As you can see, the effort was well worth it. Sorry, no before pictures. Concentrating on restoring this piece restored my lagging spirit.







It was going to be a Christmas decoration. It’s now hanging by my bedside where it will stay all year.

Have a lovely weekend!


7 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Nancy!

I know you are busy, so I wish you a fabulous new year of progress! Anita

Ivy and Elephants said...

Hi Nancy,
What a gorgeous treasure it is! Is it a necklace? I couldn't tell the size of it. Big or small it is fantastic! Hope all is well with you.
Hugs,
Patti

The Rose Room said...

beautiful beautiful roses and a stunning star! Rachael xo

The Rose Room said...

beautiful beautiful roses and a stunning star! Rachael xo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

It was so refreshing to speak to you dear sister. Thank you for coming to visit me. My photos are a bit too large, I know, but I am trying to see if they can be toned down just a bit. Oh what are you gonna do.....one must take risks and that begins by the first step, making mistakes and trying all over again. I love our HEADER!!!!! And this star...oh là là....it reminds me of a vintage crown I got from France. The same fabulous stones, brass work and wonderful craftsmanship. Leave it to LES FRANÇAIS to make such beauty! Bisous, Anita

Marie Antionette said...

How beautiful Nancy! Your efforts were incredibly worth it. And what a lovely thing to have by your bedside to remind you of the stars in the sky that our God has made for us to enjoy. Truly lovely.

Big hugs, "Edie" (Sherry)

June said...

One of the things I adore most about you, is that you seem to have such a spirit of grace and refinement that comes to someone who truly values life. You create beauty in your surroundings like no one else I know.
I don't know how to say it any other way Nancy. But because you share it here...it blesses me.

hugs from here...