Happy Mother's Day!


I visited my MIL the other evening and she gave me the beautiful nest below. She has a rose plant near one of her outside doors where two different bird families built their nests. Her gardener hacked back the rose and exposed the nests to the elements. We were so sad when we discovered this. The bird families quickly vacated leaving behind their amazing homes. I had no idea that a real nest could be so perfect. This nest is as light as a feather and it was made with the greatest of care and love. I keep thinking of the mother bird that built it and the driving instinct to protect and care for her little ones, that comes so naturally to her. A mother’s love is a powerful thing.

Wishing all mothers a day filled with love and laughter!














Mother's Day Poems . . .


The Love of a Mother
Author Unknown


A Mother's love is something
that no one can explain,
It is made of deep devotion
and of sacrifice and pain

It is endless and unselfish
and enduring come what may
For nothing can destroy it
or take that love away

It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters
even though the heart is breaking

It believes beyond believing
when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty
of the rarest, brightest gems

It is far beyond defining,
it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret
like the mysteries of creation

A many splendored miracle
man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence
of God's tender guiding hand.


A Mother's Love
by Michael O. Adesanya

There are times only when a Mother's love
Can understand our tears,
Can soothe our disappointments
And calm all our fears.

There are times when only a Mother's Love
Can share the joy we feel
When something we've dreamed about
Quite suddenly is real.

There are times when only a Mother's faith
Can help on life's way
And inspire in us the confidence
We need from day to day.

For a Mother's heart and a Mother's faith
And a Mother's steadfast love
Were fashioned by the Angels
And sent from God above...

25 comments:

Karen from A`Musements said...

Hi Nancy!
What a lovely post for Mother's Day! A nest is just 'it' to depict our feelings about our moms, isn't it? Hard to believe sometimes we ever grow up and manage to do for someone else, what they did for us... Hope you have a wonderful weekend, and that you have a really special day!
xoxo
Karen

Natasha Burns said...

Just beautiful Nancy - both poems and that perfect nest, and the mother bird working so hard to make it and protect her young.Have a lovely day too xo

La Belette Rouge said...

When we were trying to have a baby we used to collect abandoned nests. Once we gave up we let our nest collection go. But, have to say, just saying a nest tugs at my heart a little bit.
Have a lovely weekend.

NeereAnDear said...

Such lovely poems... and words so true... I feel myself a tiger when it comes to my children... even though they are grown... one always feels their children are their babies no matter how old they are

Such a beautiful post.. and a wonderful tribute to mothers everywhere

HUGS

JO

Rosemary said...

A beautiful nest, and beautiful poems Nancy. How amazing nests are!!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Love,
Rosemary

Rebecca Ramsey said...

A nest! What a wonderful symbol of a mother's care!
Thank you for the beautiful post!
Becky

fated follies studio said...

that nest is awesome! wow. those poems are sweet. i love being a mommy. it is so much fun and so rewarding. i can't wait to have more babies. thanks for sharing. have a nice weekend, nancy.

jenny

Lori said...

beautiful post to mothers Nancy...the poems are so pretty...love the sweet nest:)

Alison Gibbs said...

Nancy what a wonderful post to Mothers.
Have a lovely weekend
Alison

Ulla said...

You are the perfect keeper for such a beautiful treasure! May you find love and happiness surrounding you this sunday!
Kisses...

SweetAnnee said...

What a perfect tribute to mama's
and isn't the nest lovely
I have a couple teeny ones in glass jars with lids..
Isn't it amazing the care some birds
take to keep their babes safe and cuddly
smiles, Deena

Tracie said...

Okay, Nancy~
Take two here (finger's crossed this takes...)

What a beautiful nest and I so love the two poems you've chosen to share with us here for Mother's Day.

Here's to a wonderful weekend for you, oh and yes~ I was concerned about those birdies, but bet they've found or built another beautiful home by now - so nice of them to leave their former home for you - nature is just beautiful!

Happy Mother's Day weekend
xo~Tracie

Christine LeFever said...

Mother's Day was created by a WWI mother begging the leaders of the world to end wars,for who wants one's babies to grow up to such a thing? Alas, Hallmark took over and forgot the true reason and went big time commercial, but your little nests say it all and with that little glass heart,so sweet, simple and reminiscent of unconditional love. The little poems are so lovely too.

Christine

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Nancy!
I have always loved bird's nests! They're so special and represent so many things we sometimes take for granted until we make our own nests!!
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!
Hugs, Sherry
Thank you for your prayers!

Janet said...

You always have such a wonderful way of presenting things on your blog....and this nest is another example. The little heart is perfect in the bottom of the nest and truly shows the heart of home.

Betzie said...

Beautiful post Nancy as always! I have not been blogging much, but love the ones below too! Your portrait is gorgeous!Can't wait to see the final result. A lovely gift for sure...
Nothing like a mother's love and one that never dies. The poems are just so very true. Have a great day!

Shabbyfufu said...

Such a lovely tribute. Happy Mother's Day to you sweet Nancy~XO~Janet

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Happy Mother's Day Nancy! Hope you have a wonderful day. xoxo Heather

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Nancy,
Your beautiful birds nest, made me think about the sweet bird family that is nesting in the gutter outside our back door! There is another roof that overhangs part of the gutter and we have enjoyed watching them raise their family over the past couple of weeks nestled in there! It truly is a wonderful reminder of a mothers love, she works so hard for those little babies...

Blessings,
Donna Lynn

Donna O. said...

Beautiful post, Nancy. I too, have two nests due to similar circumstances...one actually had eggs in it.
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow as I know it will be a tough day for your husband and MIL. I'm sure your FIL is watching over you all.
XO
D.

rochambeau said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Nancy! I think you are a mother.

Don't you think a mother's love is one of the most important foundations upon which we stand?
I look back at all of my phases and think....my mom she didn't try to change me. She accepted me. She never was sad that I grew up, she was happy for me.

Your MIL gave you a great gift when she gave you this sweet nest!

xox
Constance

BailiwickDesigns said...

What a perfect, beautiful nest! And so fitting as a symbol of a Mother's Love. ::Jill

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Hi Nancy,
What a lovely post! The nest is perfect. Happy Mother's Day to you!
Penny
p.s. my anniversary is in June too.

LW said...

What a sweet little nest. I have newly hatched robin babies outside my kitchen window..
A little high in the tress so they are hard for me to see, but I can hear them.

What a lovely post and I so enjoyed the poems…

Louise

Lori Garbarino said...

My dear Nancy,

I have wanted to leave you tons of messages and for some reason my home computer keeps getting stuck on your site, so I am hijacking my work computer! You are gorgeous and I appreciate seeing your picture! I just love that portrait so much!

I love the nests and I will be leaving more comments soon! I also love reading your husbands blog and I keep telling my own husband all about it.

Have a great day and Be encouraged! You are Gorgeous inside and out

Luv ya

Lori