I recently made these amazing Swedish Pancakes. The recipe was super delicious and easy. The pancakes melt in your mouth, but you don’t want to eat too many of them (they're not exactly a low calorie food). I suggest practicing your hospitality and have your friends over for a Swedish Pancake party. You can fill these with anything you desire. I thought it would be fun to set up a filling bar and let everyone experiment with fillings and toppings.
Swedish Pancake Recipe
6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
2 cups of milk
1 cup of flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon of butter
Filling and Topping:
Jam (or whatever your heart desires)
Directions: Makes 6 servings
1. Melt the butter in a pan.
2. In a bowl beat the eggs together with a whisk
3. Add ½ cup of the milk to the eggs and beat the mixture for 2 minutes.
4. Add the 2 cups of flour to the egg mixture and beat until the mixture is smooth.
5. Add the remaining 1 ½ cups of milk. Then add the cinnamon and melted butter.
6. Add the tablespoon of butter to the pan and heat the pan until it is hot.
7. Drop a tablespoon or two (depending on the size you like) of the thin batter into the pan for each pancake.
8. Cook for 1 minute, until the edges are lightly brown. Turn the pancake and cook on the other side for 1 minute.
9. They are best served hot off the pan so eat them right away. Use a spatula to put them on plates. Fill with your favorite jam, roll them, and top with a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
These are amazing. You’ll love them!