Cozy and Tagged

It's been raining here for days. I really miss the sun. I want to see its happy light soon.

Meanwhile, we are hunkered down in our little home. I tried taking photos today, but it's pretty dark. Enjoy, and scroll down for my tag answers.









Candles in the morning on our table


OK . . .

I've been tagged by the sweet and lovely Miss Irina, from Gypsy in Me.

Here goes...


1. Name one thing not many people know about you.

I danced in Japan for a few weeks when I was sixteen years old. It was a blast!!


2.Do you have any favorite smells?

I really love the scent of roses, lavender, and lily of the valley. My very favorite is the organic rose oil I wear everyday. Just a little dab on the wrists and neck, and you have a subtle rosey scent all day.


3. What is your favorite cuisine?

French Cuisine!


4. What is your favorite childhood memory?

My father giving me a piggy back ride to bed almost every night of my young life, and then tucking me in.


5. What is your favorite childhood television show?

Being the youngest of four, I didn't have much say or control over what was on the TV. I didn't really have a favorite show. I loved reading! This was my favorite form of entertainment.


6. What is your favorite fairy tale and why?

Beauty and the Beast

I was in awe of the way beauty led her life. She laid it down for her father, and then she falls in love with something that seemed completely unlovable. Her ability to look beyond the surface captured me.


7. You have been given 1 million dollars. How would you spend it?

I would save some of it. The rest, I would put to use by helping my family
and others who really needed it.


8. What is the most daring thing you've ever done?

In the middle of a very large and public meeting, I stood up and asked the person who was speaking to please stop. It was one of the most frightening moments of my life, but I couldn't let the person who was speaking continue on with their hurtful words.


9. What is your idea of perfect happiness?

Heaven


10. Who has had the most influence in your life?

My Mother


11. What made you decide to start blogging?

I needed a place to call my own. Living in a small home with restricted space is difficult, I needed a spot I could dream in.

Thank you dear Irina for thinking of me. I'm not going to tag anyone else, but I do hope you had fun with my answers.

11 comments:

à la parisienne said...

Nancy,

Lovely photos.
I enjoyed reading your responses.
Your childhood memory and your most daring moment are the most interesting to me. Although it was a frightening moment, it's great to know that you can be courageous when necessary. And how sweet of your father to piggy back you to bed every night before tucking you in. That precious moment between daughter and father reminds me of the last few lines in To Kill a Mockingbird, where Scout's daddy, Atticus, reads to her before she drifts off to sleep. I cry everytime I read those words.

Hopefully the sun will shine for you tomorrow:)

Mandy

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Love learning a bit more about you...and love that you share your spot to dream in with the rest of us. Wonderful photos...hopes the rain stops for you soon! :)

victorian parlor II said...

The photos are lovely:). I enjoyed reading your tag responses too:).

Blessings,

Kim

maría cecilia said...

So nice knowing about you a bit.
Wish we could have some rain after this long and hot summer here in Chile.
beautiful images and not dark.
hugs from here

June said...

Loved this!!! Nancy, you inspire me! It was so great to learn more about my sweet friend.
The photos of your home are so beautiful.
sending hugs...

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Nancy,

I so wish mom and dad had a computer so they could see your answers and the lovely way you have built up your blog.

THANK YOU for coming to visit me! WE HAVE ALL been so busy that I didn't even get a chance to post a new post this past weekend. My spring break is next week and I plan to start a new chapter in my life. I will let you know via email.

The room you feature here looks familiar; I will never forget that space as long as I live. It was a dream to stay there. LOVE YOUR ANSWERS, and I ALMOST thought I was in someone else's blog when I came here! IT LOOKS WONDERFUL, but what happened to your header? AND......those links under your header, HOW DO YOU DO THAT??? Is this a website now?

Let me know when you have a chance my dear. LOVE! Anita

Palomasea said...

Following our beautiful Anita here ;)
Dearest Nancy, I am so touched reading this...your daddy giving piggy backs, your mother being your biggest influence (mine too), and your very courageous act, standing up for what you believe.
Beauty and the Beast..my absolute favorite, Nancy. I love that story.
Thank you so much for sharing these treasures.
And your home photos are gorgeous as always...wishing you sunshine dear friend!
Much love,
- Irina

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh, Nancy,
What a treat to learn a little more about you! Blogging is a real treat because it is so personal.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful world with us!
Big hugs,
Patti

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

NANCY!!!!!!

Free at last. I just woke up and it hit me to realize that this week, I WILL BE ON SPRING BREAK. After that, the rest of April and May will fly past and that is it...I will no longer be a FULL-time teacher, but rather a much-needed French speaking substitute in the district, to bring in some bucks while I WORK HARD to find my niche in the art and writing world. There will be many NOT-SO Happy Days, but I have to do this.

LOVE TO YOU and yes, email me to let me know about that navigation bar! Only when you can my dear....Anita

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Glad to have found you. I'm your newest follower.

Hugs,
Judy

lisa Moran, Bilancia Designs said...

Nancy~
I have just returned from looking at your AMAZING, GORGEOUS, DELICATE, BREATHTAKING shoes!!!
I have NEVER seen anything quite like them--they're beyond exquisite! What incredible talent you have!!
Are these shoes for sale?!?!?
Please let me know.
Thank you!