French Lovelies ~ Make My Heart Go Pitter-Pat!


What is it about French artisans? Everything they touch is beautiful. The attention to detail, the magic in the pieces they create. No wonder we Americans are crazy for their design aesthetic.


Here are some of the details that make my heart go pitter-pat.

Curvy lines and gilt metal . . . need I say more?





Antique Linen



Candlelight


Amazing construction

So there I am on the floor taking photos of Maria's wonderful antique linen bag, when I notice the underside of this French chair. I'm mesmerized by the burlap tape and the hand tied coils.



I just received my goodies from Melanie's Giveaway, featuring items from Maria of Dreamy Whites. I've had such a fun time corresponding with Maria. She is as sweet as she is beautiful.


Now . . . why was I on the floor taking photos, you may ask? Because when I opened my fragrant package of lavender, I was inspired to photograph the beauty of its contents. The linen sachets and tote bag with their silky soft feel are scrumptious to the touch. The wonderful vintage green bottle with its deep depression on the bottom is perfect for my purple pincushion flowers. To see more of my French inspired photo shoot visit Maria here.

10 comments:

The French Bear said...

Wow, what gorgeous and beautiful gifts...and the presentation!!!! I love your header, I just love your photos....fabulous linen bag....oh how lovely!!!
Isn't wonderful to recieve such a delightful array of gifts, lucky you!!!
Happy Easter!
Hugs,
Margaret B
xx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ah c'est magnifique ma belle! Le lavande et les étoffes si doux me rendent folle aussi de telle beauté! Maria's blog is so dreamy indeed!!! Anita

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

SO beautiful, Nancy. Your photos are always gorgeous. p.s. wishing you a Happy Easter time.

Hasina Mjingo said...

www.travelhousetz.blogspot.com

beautiful

LiLi M. said...

Oh I missed your gorgeous photos Nancy! You could be French!

d e l i g h t said...

Hello, found you from Dreamywhites. Congratulations on your win. I've been browsing your archives and your blog is delightful! Beautiful photographs and thoughts. I invite you to visit my blog. Have a wonderful day.
Linda

lvroftiques said...

Well my little heart is just pitter pattering away like mad! *winks* Ahhhhhhh oooohhhhhhh! So beautiful Nancy!

Gracefully Vintage said...

Love your pictures- amazing how an image can make your heart jump- the webbing on the chair- the chandelier- love it
Karryann
Great Blog..
Karryann

Bohemian said...

The same things that make your Heart go pitter patter are what make mine skip a beat too! Divine... I love hidden details like the underside of that Chair... it shows the character of the Artisan.

Dawn... The Bohemian

LW said...

Lovely.....

I hope you and the poet have a wonderful and fun filled Easter.....

Louise